rsAccessDenied on SSRS 2016

• Hi folks,

I have a test environment on my laptop running Windows 10 and SQL Server 2016 CTP3. The Reporting Services instance is naturally also 2016.

I installed the report server without any problems using my account which as expected is also a local administrator on the laptop. Because of that I can't understand why when I open the Web Service URL I get the following error message:

The permissions granted to user 'LAPTOP\burge' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

On opening the Report Manager URL I get.....

User 'LAPTOP\burge' does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.

UAC is turned off completely so I can rule that out (I hope....)

My own local administrator account is the service account.

I have been through the three .CONFIG files and nothing springs out as a potential problem.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you recover from it?

Looking forward to your answers... 🙂

Regards,

Kev

• Open your browser using Run As Administrator and access the URL that way. Once connected, add your account to the administrators on the SSRS site.

Sue

• Hi,

thanks for the tip but I have tried that. I have also tried opening the browser in Edge, IE and Firefox but nothing seems to be working.

Regards,

Kev

• You need to do the Run As Administrator - it doesn't matter if you are an administrator on the box or if you are in the Administrators group. All three work differently. If you do Run As Administrator for IE and get a login failure, try checking the SSRS log itself.

Sue

• Hi Sue,

thanks.....the tip was perfect.

I had opened the RS Configuration Manager with "Run As Administrator" and foolishly assumed that selecting the links would open up Explorer accordingly.

Many, many thanks!

Now to get SSIS working as well.... 🙂

Regards Kev

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply