RS Scripter for SQL 2012

• Hi Guys, I am trying to find a version of RS Scripter that would enable to import all reports from a server before the server is decommissioned.

I need the file structure and in the past I used RS Scripter for 2005 with very good results.

I have tried to find the application without success and even tried Microsoft Migration tools but couldn't make it work. does anyone knows of any other options or know if there's a version of RS Scripter for 2012?

please, please, please. I am running out of time.

• You can buy yourself some time by restoring the RS2005 databases over the top of existing RS2012 RS databases.

When reporting services starts, it check the version of the SSRS database (ReportServer and ReportServerTempdb) and if necessary it will upgrade them to the version appropriate for that version.

So, you might be able to

- install a new instance of SSRS 2012

- backup the encryption keys of the SSRS 2005 instance

- backup the RS2005 databases (Reportserver and reportservertempdb)

- restore the databases over the top of the SSRS 2012 databases

- restore the encryption key in the SSRS 2012 environment

This should give you a working SSRS 2012 instance with all of the reports that are currently in the SSRS 2005 instance

This will completely trash whatever was previously in the SSRS 2012 instance. Hence, the first step is critical.

• Better late than never 🙂

http://www.sqlscripter.com/Pages/Download.html

• glenn brown - Monday, December 10, 2018 8:29 PM

I believe RSScripter was consolidated into this product?

• glenn brown - Monday, December 10, 2018 8:30 PM

glenn brown - Monday, December 10, 2018 8:29 PM

I believe RSScripter was consolidated into this product?

No...that's still the old RSScripter. It will only work with old versions of SSRS....2008 might be the last version it works with.

Sue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply