Restore with no backup

• Two way street here... 😉 What did you finally do to fix it?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This is a bizarre situation..I hope NONE of the DBA's end up in this situation. I remember when I was new my seniors asked me to take a backup no matter what before doing any DML operation. My sympathies with the poor guy, first off he shouldnt have been given this responsibilty and having given should have been monitored...Ok coming back to this problem how about this solution( just to try)

DOING A SYSTEM RESTORE, I MEAN AT THE OS LEVEL TO THE POINT IN TIME..isn't this what we do on our PC's if we unintentionally do a SHIFT+DELETE

Having said that please be advised these kind of things should be brought up at the TEAM discussions becuase in a T.E.A.M..Together Everyone Achieves More

Regards,

Just Another D.B.A

(Doing Better Always)

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• And don't forget to test the backups

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply