Restart SQL Server to create space on disk

• Something not mentioned here, but happens in my work environment. Backup files take up space too.

If you're not clearing out your backup files on a regular basis, and they are saved to this drive, they can also take up space. You absolutely want to keep backups, but don't keep so many that you don't have room for your regular database files. If you haven't changed the default backup directory, then this might be your problem.

Also, are your user db data files also saved to C: or are they saved to another drive?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Personally, I never install SQL Server on the C:Drive.  I also never let the "Page File" live there and I also install all programs other than SQL Server on a separate drive.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply