Resource Pools

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Resource Pools

• "The Default group can be moved out of the Default Pool"? The referenced BOL article says just the opposite:

Resource Governor Concepts

The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool

So, the 5th answer is wrong, not true.

Oh, almost forgot: I want my point back, blah-blah-blah etc 😛

• vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

"The Default group can be moved out of the Default Pool"? The referenced BOL article says just the opposite:

yes 🙂

M&M

• The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool.

Straight from BOL.

Please can I have my point now!!!

Let see how many responses we have before this quietens down.

• Good Question Thanks!!

• What, only three so far? I had expected at least 30 "I want my point back" posts by now! 😉

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

"The Default group can be moved out of the Default Pool"? The referenced BOL article says just the opposite:

Please, add my point back 🙂

• Yes I would have to agree with all the above comments about the 5th answer being in correct making me choose the 6th and getting the question wrong.

The MSDN page does state that the default group cannot be moved from the default pool, its in the big yellow box under the default pool section.

Not really that clued up on resource pools etc so glad I found the right MSDN page while answering the questions, did make my mind work so early in the morning.

• Iwas surprised when I got a 'wrong' for this.

Glad it's not just me!

• I knew we were in trouble with this one when it asked for 3 answers but I could find only 2 that were clearly true.

Went with 2 answers hoping that maybe it was just a typo asking for 3, alas not... :unsure:

As posts above, the Default Group cannot be moved out of the Default Pool.

ps. If you could see to giving me my point that would be just super but, don't worry, I realise the world won't end if you don't 😉

• dgvozdetsky (10/20/2011)

vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

Please, add my point back 🙂

I agree with you!!!!! 🙂

the 5th answer is incorret, the default group cannot be moved out of the default pool!!!:crazy:

see this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934084.aspx

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • Had to guess what the third correct answer was. Assumed option 5 meant cannot and was lucky.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• mohammed moinudheen (10/20/2011)

vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

yes 🙂

I'm not going to let the fact that I'm in a later time zone keep me from saying, "Me too!".

Let's see, six answers, three correct. Two obvious mutually exclusive pairs means the third pair only contains one correct answer. So, found reference for 5th answer being INcorrect ....etc. See the kind of problems logical thinking can cause. I should be like my wife, and live a life unfettered by logic. 🙂

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• DugyC (10/20/2011)

I knew we were in trouble with this one when it asked for 3 answers but I could find only 2 that were clearly true.

Went with 2 answers hoping that maybe it was just a typo asking for 3, alas not... :unsure:

As posts above, the Default Group cannot be moved out of the Default Pool.

ps. If you could see to giving me my point that would be just super but, don't worry, I realise the world won't end if you don't 😉

Same here... I could eliminate the two between the first two on the list because they obviously contradicted the two I knew to be correct.

I knew the 6th was incorrect because when I was configuring Resource Governor all of Microsoft's documentation added extra groups to the default pool Which left me to select the 5th one, even though I thought it was wrong (missed the spot in BOL that said you couldn't do this. Didn't think you could, but it said there were 3 answers, so I had to guess which incorrect one was most likely).

I got this correct, but the correct answer should only be 2, not 3 answers.

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• From the document you supplied, and I quote "The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool."

Please add my point back.

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
    Elroy: Nope.
    George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply