Resource Pools

• I chose the only two true answers and didn't get credit for a correct answer. Relying on this as my source of information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934084.aspx

• Enough said

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• It's amazing how one word can make a person think harder than they expected:

The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool.

I'll take my point now, please? πŸ˜€

• SQLRNNR (10/20/2011)

Had to guess what the third correct answer was. Assumed option 5 meant cannot and was lucky.

Yes, it seemed the most likely so I made the same lucky guess.

• Great question - really got the juices flowing. Was able to get the first 2 but that elusive 3rd one was a stab in the dark. Got it right but knew it was wrong. Actually I thought it was less wrong than #6. Doesn't make it correct.

In reality as many have pointed out before me - there are only 2 correct answers.

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    β€œIf we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• Please, add my point back :w00t:

• glad I wasn't the only one who was left scratching their head here. i too disagree with the third stated answer which is contradicted by the referenced article.

no harm, no foul, just made me double check myself so a good thing in the end, but could we have the question restated for those who have yet to answer it?

• Thomas Abraham (10/20/2011)

mohammed moinudheen (10/20/2011)

vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

"The Default group can be moved out of the Default Pool"? The referenced BOL article says just the opposite:

Resource Governor Concepts

The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool

So, the 5th answer is wrong, not true.

Oh, almost forgot: I want my point back, blah-blah-blah etc πŸ˜›

yes πŸ™‚

I'm not going to let the fact that I'm in a later time zone keep me from saying, "Me too!".

Let's see, six answers, three correct. Two obvious mutually exclusive pairs means the third pair only contains one correct answer. So, found reference for 5th answer being INcorrect ....etc. See the kind of problems logical thinking can cause. I should be like my wife, and live a life unfettered by logic. πŸ™‚

Nice - i like it - so correct it's INcorrect! :hehe: πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

btw - as a newlywed - i'm not going to touch the wife quote - i'm not ready for the honeymoon to end quite yet!

• Let me be the first to say I DON'T want my point pack!! πŸ˜€

Great question though. Anything that makes me think is a good question, regardless of the answer.

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, since 1955.
  • From the reference document: "The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool."

• vk-kirov (10/19/2011)

"The Default group can be moved out of the Default Pool"? The referenced BOL article says just the opposite:

Resource Governor Concepts

The default group is alterable but it cannot be moved out of the default pool

So, the 5th answer is wrong, not true.

Oh, almost forgot: I want my point back, blah-blah-blah etc πŸ˜›

Me too.

Tom

• Cliff Jones (10/20/2011)

SQLRNNR (10/20/2011)

Had to guess what the third correct answer was. Assumed option 5 meant cannot and was lucky.

I guessed wrong about the error - guessed that "3" was a typo for "2". Unlucky guess, I guess.

Tom

• By Logical ellimination of 3 definitely wrong answers the only 3rd choice left was the 6th choice but because of a typo in choice 5, I got it wrong. And I was using the stated source as my reference source for once. Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (10/20/2011)

Cliff Jones (10/20/2011)

SQLRNNR (10/20/2011)

I guessed wrong about the error - guessed that "3" was a typo for "2". Unlucky guess, I guess.

That would have been my next guess

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• got this wrong again πŸ™

===========================================
    Better try and fail than not to try at all...

Database Best Practices[/url]

SQL Server Best Practices[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply