Reporting Servies and Business Scorecards Accelerator

• I am looking at the possibility of using Reporting Services and Business Scorecard Accelerator as the front end dashboard.

Can someone please provide me information on how these two products work together? 

I understand all of the report development work would be in Reporting Services.  Is the Business Scorecard Accelerator simply used as a method to display KPI's based on these reports....and then when you drill into the KPI's, it actually opens the reports in report manager???Or are the reports opened in Business Scorecard Accelerator?

Hope someone can provide me with information of how these two applications interact.

• These 2 products do not interact unless you build links between them.

Business Scorecard Accelerator is designed to use cubes to define KPI's in a structured manner. These KPI's can link to other reports to show the detail behind the KPI if needed. These links could be to RS.

• When you say 'link' do you mean a URL be added 'behind' the KPI (which could include a parameter) that when clicked opens a more detailed report in Report Manager?

• Yes

• I notice that Reporting Services does not have any real KPI/Dashboard ability, which is why we were looking at Business Scorecards Accelerator.  BSA is only compatiable with windows 2003, which is a real restriction as we can not expect all of our clients to switch to 2003 for the sake of getting a dashboard!  Are you familiar with any other dashboard products which could operate the same way (I.e. a link behind the KPI which opens a Reporting Services report)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply