Reporting Services design similar to Mail Merge?

• Is it possible to create something similar to Mail Merge within Reporting Services? I know I can create a letter addressed to one person but how do I make it work to get multiple letters? And also is there a way to email it to the person who's email is being pulled in.

Right now I currently have a report with the values I need to feed into a mail merge as a data source but it would be so nice if we could eliminate a step.

• Look up subscriptions.

• That sounds like it could work. I just tried a subscription on another report and emailed it to myself but I could email to the email address indicated in the report, correct? Also when the report is ran there is going to be more than one student to run it for? Will that work with a report design? Will I need to use group by? Something new to learn....

• Here's a YouTube tutorial on data-driven subscriptions in SSRS 2014... He's using Dynamics CRM (I think)... it's SQL Server database under the covers.
    and then here is a MS tutorial on SSRS subscriptions... probably more appropriate answer to your question. It's a reasonably advanced topic, so it may take you a while to finish the whole thing, but you should be able to skip the "create a new report" and all that, since it sounds like you have a report you want to use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply