Report Server Diagnostic Reports

• These reports are great! Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this as well as releasing these reports to the public! My boss is going to love the Hit counts.

• Definitely great reports, easy to deploy (unzip, add into VS2008 solution as project, add new Data Source, deploy)

Works on SSRS 2008 (and VS 2008 client)

I deployed them into the same "Execution Log" sample Microsoft provided

Addition report I suggest is the "All Report Parameters", which shows all folders, all reports, and parameters (and default values)

I have the .RDL if needed (PM me)

SQL Management Reports

Blocking Locks History

DateTime =Now().AddHours(-12) Start Date

DateTime =Now() End Date

DB_File_Growth_Audit

DateTime =DateAdd("d",-7,Today()) Start Date

String Data File Type

Integer 1000 Minimum File Size (MB)

Integer 10 Minimum Growth %

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • michael_davis2 (2/4/2010)

It is possible to change the limit for the purge of the execution log. Shown in the images for the Diagnostic Reports are the configurations for one of our development servers (which has the default 60 day setting). Our other servers are set to 180 days.

Someone with administrator level access should be able to click on the "Site Settings" link in the upper right corner of Report Manager. Within that section is an area that allows one to change the number of days. Obviously usage of one's server has an impact on the value to use -- for us, 180 has been fine.

Interesting, I'm admin on the server, and couldn't find this option at all, either in SSRS Config Manager, or the Report Server website [Site Setting] (under the General section, I only see # days to keep report history, execution timeout)

I do run the Microsoft sample job to store history into RSExecutionLog database

• Clearly I am having an ID10T moment. I cannot find the download link to the zip archive ANYWHERE. I have looked all over the article for about five minutes. Could someone please post the hard link to the zip file?

Thanks.

• John-476812 (2/4/2010)

Clearly I am having an ID10T moment. I cannot find the download link to the zip archive ANYWHERE. I have looked all over the article for about five minutes. Could someone please post the hard link to the zip file?

Thanks.

I'm sure Michael can confirm, but I think he pulled the .zip download link in the Article so he can add a few reports to it and re-release

Thanks Mike

• Wowzer this is fantastic!!

• The reports look great but I can't find the zip file link to download. any help?

• John-476812 (2/4/2010)

Clearly I am having an ID10T moment. I cannot find the download link to the zip archive ANYWHERE. I have looked all over the article for about five minutes. Could someone please post the hard link to the zip file?

Thanks.

I did submit a change (I added another report showing the procedure/SQL used) and it appears as if somehow the compressed file was left off. I just re-submitted again and hopefully the file should be online soon. I was surprised how quick the article was updated (a script I submitted recently took longer to update) -- so hopefully the report pack will be available shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone - keep checking back...

• Thanks!!

• The article updates have been republished out.

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/4/2010)

The article updates have been republished out.

Thanks Steve!!!

• Let me add my thanks for this as well.

Something I have been looking for for awhile!

• Great set of reports for a overview of what is going on with your instance of reporting services. I deployed to 2008 and had some issues with the Subscription query. The parsing of the xml returned negative numbers and failed. Simple edits to the select to resolve the issue. If you are headed into a meeting and need to know what is going on, this is the set of reports.

http://fsugeiger.blogspot.com

• The reports .zip file downloads only with IE, not any other browser.

• A very nice piece of Work. It is really useful for me, thanks once again!

Michael Mei

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply