Report Model using SSAS Data Source

• I've created a Report Model using Report Manager (SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services) based on an SSAS Data Source and am generating some reports based on the model using Report Builder.

I am puzzled as to why I cannot see my Date dimension as an Entity under either of my Measure Group entities when it does appear on the 'Dimension Usage' tab of my cube. All of the other dimensions that appear on the 'Dimension Usage' tab also appear under the Measure Group entities as I would expect.

The upshot of this is that I can't add any Date attributes to my report or filter by Date.

I've made sure that the AttributeHierarchyVisible property is set to True for all the attributes in the Date dimension.

What am I missing / overlooking?:unsure:

• Are you on 2005 SP2 or 3? If so I would recommend using the Report Builder 2.0 and scraping those Report Models...

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• Thanks for your reply Ben. I am using 2005 SP2 CU? (build number is 3077). I've downloaded Report Builder 2.0 and launched it, but it can't connect to the specified ReportServer - http://localhost/ReportServer, therefore I'm not able to connect to the existing (or a new) Report Model.

I have sys admin role on my machine so I'm surprised that I can't connect to the ReportServer.

Regards

Lempster

• With the RB2.0 you do not need report models any longer. Create your reports using queries directly from your cube similar to BIDS.

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• Ben Sullins-437405 (10/30/2009)

With the RB2.0 you do not need report models any longer. Create your reports using queries directly from your cube similar to BIDS.

True, but it is possible to use them. I'm exploring the use of Report Models to facilitate report generation by business users who will not be conversant with Cubes.

I think I've found the cause of my problem; it's to do with how I've defined my Date dimension in terms of the attribute keys so I think with some redesign I should be able to get to where I want to be!

Regards

Lempster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply