replication

• I need to setup replication between 3 servers.I will be getting data from 2 servers a and b and the data will be wrtitten to the server c.can anyone tell me how to do that.

Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• use transaction replication. refer the complete replication configuration process from BOL..

• Transactional replication, but be carefull not to rebuild tables or data in server c in your sync snapshots. At least, schemas must be sync manually.

quote:

I need to setup replication between 3 servers.I will be getting data from 2 servers a and b and the data will be wrtitten to the server c.can anyone tell me how to do that.

Thanks

• Will there be any duplication in table names from the 2 publishers? If not, you can set up two subscriptions at the publisher to subscribe to each publisher. Server c will subscribe to a & b both.

-Dan

-Dan

• I would go about this a little differently than everyone has suggested so far. I would make server c the publisher and servers a and b the subscribers. I would also use Merge replication instead of transaction. One caveat to that is that I would steer clear of managed identities. This is of course assuming that you need to be able to modify the same tables on a and b. You can also partition the data that a and b see using dynamic snapshots if needed. Check out BOL and get very familiar with replication before implementing any solution with it. Also lock down your schema ahead of time as once you have turned on replication changing the schema can be a lot of work!

Gary Johnson

DBA

Sr. DB Engineer

Gary Johnson
    Microsoft Natural Language Group
    DBA, Sr. DB Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and may not reflect that of my employer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply