Rename the existinng File at same location

• Heh... I suppose that's a reason to dislike XML more than SSIS. And, I do. πŸ™‚

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Koen Verbeeck (7/22/2012)

Jeff Moden (7/22/2012)

Between what I've seen on the forums, in articles, and what I've seen co-workers go through, I'm going to have to chant for about a month before I start to shake the negative vibes about SSIS. πŸ™‚

The problem is usually the learning curve (which should be no problem for you).A lot of people struggle with some of the oddities in SSIS at the beginning, which most of the time winds up in them hating SSIS.

I think Jeff loves t-sql so much that he doesn't want to try anything else. In a way it's very good, I wouldn't like to lose t-sql champ (Jeff) on the cost of SSIS newbie.

• Phil Parkin (7/24/2012)

I have, though not enough to pretend that I am particularly adept with them.

But what I meant is that XML files are so flexible in structure that the XML source cannot always unpack them to give you access to the data in nice columns in the way that you need. Some more-inventive techniques may be required - but it depends on the structure of the source.

I kind of like this feature. It allows us to have nested tables/recordsets. It’s nasty to manage though.

• Jeff Moden (7/24/2012)

Heh... I suppose that's a reason to dislike XML more than SSIS. And, I do. πŸ™‚

Couldn't agree more. There are some tricks to learn along the way that will make it better. Still not a fan of it.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply