Recommended Study Materials

• What do you recommend for study materials for

70-432

70-433

70-450

70-451

And I may look into the BID certifications as well....

I believe way back when I took the tests for 7.0, I used the MS books, and that worked well.

• The MS books are still good.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Typically the MOC works well for the Microsoft exams. I would supplement that with BOL and research. If the topic doesn't seem to be setting in for you - post some questions here to the forums.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Kyle Freeman (11/4/2010)

What do you recommend for study materials for

70-432

70-433

70-450

70-451

I believe way back when I took the tests for 7.0, I used the MS books, and that worked well.

I justed posted a topic on how I passed the 70-433 exam and how I prepared myself.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1016727-10-1.aspx

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I say get a book on the exam. They're all similar and the help focus you on the tasks you need to learn and the knowledge required to answer questions. Work through examples, practice some quizzes, make sure you understand how the features work, don't memorize facts.

• Kyle Freeman (11/4/2010)

What do you recommend for study materials for

70-432

70-433

70-450

70-451

Hi there,

I wrote a blog entry on passing the 70-432 exam My wife always said I was certifiable. I used a combination of The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-432 Prep Kit and BOL but to be honest real world experience and common sense are just as important, probably more so. Being able to think through a problem knowing the underlying technology will allow you to answer 90% of the questions correctly.

I'm currently studying for the 70-450 and 70-433 exams pretty much at the same time as the is a fair amount of overlap. For the 70-450 I'm using SQL Server 2008 Administration: Real-World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-432 and 70-450). This book is very good on the security aspect but far too light on replication, only tens of pages you'll really need to reference other material on this subject.

For the 70-433 exam I'm reading The Real MCTS SQL Server 2008 Exam 70-433 Prep Kit. Not sure when I'm going to sit this one yet, but I want to keep up the momemtum so hopefully mid December after I have taken the 70-450 later this month.

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• I recommend getting this book, SQL Server 2008 Administration in Action.

Even if you are not studying for MCITP, if you are remotely interested in increasing your SQL Server knowledge, just get this book. Even if you are not into SQL Server, read it anyway, it might make you start a career in SQL Server. It's that good.

It's full of best practices and advices on how to design a SQL Server solution. Every time I have a question on something I read online, I would find the answer in this book most of the time.

• nevhirion (12/7/2010)

I recommend getting this book, SQL Server 2008 Administration in Action.

Seconded, very good book, I have it on my bookshelf 😀

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply