RECEIVE TOP 1000 Not retrieving 1000 messages

• You are correct Adam. My brain flubbed.

• Thanks for the tip, but given this:

"The MSXML parser uses one-eighth the total memory available for SQL Server. To avoid running out of memory, run sp_xml_removedocument to free up the memory."

I think I'll leave it up to XQuery, given it's not super time critical.

• It is correct that it does that. However, you shouldn't be afraid to use it! Every xml document must be opened in a likewise manner. You simply need a close at the end of using it. Even with the Open/Close, it is still much faster and uses fewer server resources (reads, etc) than XQuery.

Adam Hardy-416657 (9/3/2014)

Thanks for the tip, but given this:

"The MSXML parser uses one-eighth the total memory available for SQL Server. To avoid running out of memory, run sp_xml_removedocument to free up the memory."

I think I'll leave it up to XQuery, given it's not super time critical.

• venoym (9/2/2014)

By the way, XQuery is tons slower than OPENQUERYXML when you need to shred unknown XML elements.

Heh... I knew what you meant and I find that VERY interesting because I've been arguing at work about that. Glad to see that someone has the same experience with that. Thanks!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply