Rebuilding SQLServerCentral

• Hi Steve. Could you add the link to the forum after your editorial again? You have a great audience with interesting comments.

Thanks

• Thanks for the update Steve. It's good to see some things are being fixed quickly, and appreciate others take a little longer. Appreciate that sometimes it takes awhile to acknowledge things as well, but hopefully they will all be (sent an email to webmaster on Monday and not had a response yet).

Things are certainly far better than they were Monday, and hopefully they're be even further down the line next week. The lose of the article (URLs) is the biggest lose at the moment, and I really hope those come back soon. There's some that I've simply been unable to find since the move.

Updates, and improvements are always needed, and technology does move on quicker than a lot of other things. We all take it for granted when updates go well, and (often) are quick to complain when they don't; I'm sure we've all been on the receiving end of that. Yes, this one didn't go well in places, but we all know that at the end of the day everyone at Redgate is working hard to get things back on track, and I'm sure they will do. We just need to be a little patient and make use of what we can in the mean time.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Rod at work wrote:

For the most part, I like to new website. Of course, not everything. But I don't perfectly like everything I write, either. I'm curious to know what requirements Google and other search engines have, which you took into consideration when you produced this new website?

The biggest issue is Google and other engines have started to dramatically lower ratings for sites without mobile versions. That impacts search and thus traffic to the site.

WOW! Interesting!! I'm glad to know that. I manage a website for a client. I know we don't have a mobile version of the website. I've tried talking to him about that before, but he hasn't been open to my making one. Perhaps this information will make a difference to him.

Thanks for the info!

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• I like the new site but there used to be a side menu link to the daily newsletters and I can't find that now. I'm a contractor and get the daily email on my own email address but would like to read whilst at work on a client supplied pc with no access to my personal email. I don't want to keep changing my email address either! Please could we have that link back?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply