Project Plan

• Hi,

Can I have a copy of the plan too...

pharstvedt@yahoo.com

Thanks!

• Hi friends,

I developed dts packages. I need to write document for the production consideration. Any one have document regarding this. pl help............km

• Mahesh,

I'm not sure what you're asking: You've developed DTS packages and you need to document them as they are, or how to migrate them to a new SQL Server box? 

I migrated several DTS packages during our cluster, using the DTS.DTSSQLServerStorageFlags library. 

There are issues moving DTS packages, especially DTS package history.

http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?t=6&s=105&i=212&p=1&a=0

Good luck,

Matthew

• While reading the post, I noticed that this would also apply to me. Can you send me a copy of that project Plan? It would be greatly apreaciated. My Email address is as follow:

charles.bilodeau@cgi.com.

Also I was asked to do a database analysis report for a client but I do not have any report templat I could use. Would any of you know of a good template or guide line I could use to create the report?

• Charles,

I will send you the project plan today. I never had the chance to add alzdba's additions to the project plan (see post 11/14/2005 by alzdba), so you might want to screen scrape that and add it to the project.

Database Analysis Report- Can you define what it is you're analyzing? I could make better recommendations/ideas if I knew more about what your client wants. Are you analyzing disk space, fragmentation, indexes, etc (performance tuning and optimization) or is this more about reporting?

Matthew

• Matt can I trouble you to send the plan along to me as well please?

Thank you in advance,

Barbara

barbara.smith@sassc.com

• Barbara,

Sure thing - check your inbox.

If ANYONE makes any other additions to the project plan (thanks alzdba), please post them so we can all benefit. Thanks.

Best regards,

Matthew Hughes

Systems Developer, MCSD

Program Director & co-Founder, LANUG

http://www.loweraldotnet.org

• Matt can I trouble you for a copy of the project document?

John

John.Gartman@gmail.com

• Hi Matt - Yet another, Me too, please!

I'm new to the project world. At my last job, someone would say 'let's do this' and we just did it. Now, I need tasks, steps, fall-back plans, etc. Changes the thinking...I think for the best.

My next big project is migrating from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 along with physically moving the boxes, cleaning up the replication processes, and converting a bazillion DTS jobs to SSIS...Can you say job security?

Thanks!

mimorr@yahoo.com

Michelle

• And again one more request. You certainly have created a great buzz about this which is kudos for you on your first attmept!. Thanks for sharing.

prichards@firehousezone.com

Paul

• Wow ! - I was looking for all this information a while back and never found as much detail as you had managed within the couple of links you had on your document. Thanks for the helpful project plan and guidence that this thread managed to give. Looks like the project document you created should be a white paper and should be hosted on this site as an informative guide - Wish there were more like this.

Thanks again - this was a gem of a find for me.

** What you see, Depends on what you Thought, Before, You looked! **

• You got my vote.  White paper this stuff.

• Ross and Ninja - thanks! If only I had time to White Paper it! LOL.

Seriously, you're right, but I'm always maxed out at work.  However, if anyone wants to take my document and all of the other ideas/addendum and make it a white paper and post it to the site, then that would be great!  Maybe we should hire an intern to do it...

Happy New Year!

Matthew

• Good idea on the intern, cause my version would be something like this :

ctrl - a, ctrl - c, fire up note pad, ctrl - v, ctrl - s, e-mail to steve .

• Wow, this thread has spanned time.  Matt, can you forward me a copy to jrowan@cox.net?  Thanks in advance.  Great work.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply