Post Counters

• I noticed something on the SSC home page yesterday ...
    There is a little widget that says that I have made 540 posts in the last 30 days.  Somehow, that seems rather high.  Be that as it may, I then noticed that the big hitters have posted thousands of posts in the last 30 days.

So, I paid a little attention tonight.  I took 2 screenshots of the TotalScores page, about an hour apart.  It shows Some large changes in the number of posts for individuals.  However, in the time between the screen shots, I have not seen any posts from Jeff or Gail.

So, my question is, is there some hidden section to the forum, that I cannot see, or has the post counter been smoking something?

• You sore about not being in the Top 100, Des? 🙂
    Notice how the column is titled 'Score', rather than 'Posts'. There is more going on here than just posts.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:00 PM

You sore about not being in the Top 100, Des? 🙂
    Notice how the column is titled 'Score', rather than 'Posts'. There is more going on here than just posts.

Nah.  Just noticed the tickers climbing, and not understanding why.

What was that about small things and amusement ...

• I seems they've changed their method of counting as a part of the recent "upgrade".  I got 912 points from 460 "activities" yesterday.  A relatively small handful were from posts that I actually posted, The rest were "likes" on posts that I'd previously posted.

The bad part about that is that folks in the same position could just "ride the wave" and not ever post again while the points continue to rack up.  The good part about the change is maybe it'll incite some folks to post really good answers.  What they really need to do to make that work even better would be to have a "don't like".

Shifting gears a bit, none of that is going to matter to the heavy hitters on this site because they've always posted great code, suggestions, facts, and ideas and, although reputation points are nice, isn't the reason why most of them post.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thanks Jeff.  The likes, etc makes sense.

Agreed - This site always comes up with great answers. Especially when "POOR" code is posted, as somebody always points out a better way.  And that helps to improve everybody's coding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply