Plagiarism and Blog Spam

• chrisn-585491 (8/11/2014)

Jeff,

Sent you a private message with a link. Didn't want to unleash the wolves.

Thanks!

Chris

Understood. Thanks.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• chrisn-585491 (8/11/2014)

"There are a lot of people doing this kind of thing, over-stating their qualifications, plagiarizing blogs, posting garbage answers. Why is this one bothering you so much? "

Because it's affecting a community I'm a member of, the posting may cause others to mess up their servers and the poster is claiming to be a Senior DBA when it's obvious they are less knowledgeable than most true juniors. (I'm also competing for jobs with these jokers. Their resume paddings get them more interviews.)

I have to agree with this. Better knock these down when we can rather than just let them grow unchecked.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Update: The gentleman in question has been kicked off the site in question twice so far for blog spam. Other members had also raised questions about his content. He has made some minor changes to his blog, but still has very little original material or commentary.

I'm fine with this so far. If I run across any further blog/spam/plagiarism, I'll contact the folks at his local PASS chapter and maybe one of them can advise him in person how damaging to him his actions are.

You can't disguise content from a well read data analyst. 😛

• Can you send me a link to his blog please?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply