Picking a Goal for 2021

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Picking a Goal for 2021

• Last year my company set a number of OKRs (Objective, Key result) across the organisation. Those of us in leadership roles had to assign ourselves OKRs aligned with those.

I chose one that involved building bridges with the different technical teams.  This year I will continue that but add building bridges with the senior management. There is only so much you can do for yourself and for your team an colleagues without the buy in from senior management.

A lesson from last year is not to set too many objectives and don't be overambitious with the targets. Yes they should stretch you but you shouldn't come to the end of the year broken and dispirited.

• I mostly agree. I also think that not meeting all goals can't be seen as a failure. It takes time to adjust to aiming for goals, and perhaps falling short on a few, is still a good thing.

We use OKRs as well, but we also have goal, a reach, and a stretch for some things. Getting to the goal is good, the reach outstanding and the stretch, amazing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply