password to database

• hi

how can I set a password only to one database in sql server express ?

Daniela

• Logins are server-wide in scope and have passwords. The scope of a database user is to that one database. A Server login may have or be one or many database user(s). So, if the server login only has access to one database, we you have basically done what you've asked to do.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• Hi

Yes, but I have the problem :

My req are that nobody could see my database except the sql users defined for that database. The problem appears when a user connects to sql express using windows authentication... I couldn't find a way for that kind of connection to make the database inaccesible.The problem I have is a database level one, because a user normally should connect using windows auth to the server and see any other database he might want, except mine. So how could I make inaccesible my database for users connecting using windows auth??

Could you give me an idea, plz?

Daniela

• It is not possible unless you take the drastic and unsupportedaction to modify some SQL Servers system stored procedures.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply