Passed 70-432

• I passed the 70-432 a few days ago.

I used the Microsoft press prep kit initially but found it far from adequate. For starters it was not edited well and not proof-read very well before publication as there are many spelling mistakes, plainly visible errors in the content, inconsistencies, and on some vital topics such as performance data collector only a tiny and completely inadequate amount of information is provided( i have another post regarding this book, check it out if you want more info).

What the book is good for though is giving you a basic overview of most topics you need information in, and then letting you go off and get more concise info in books online and other sources.

I also recommend you spend a lot of time doing example tests such as measure up, selftest and any other reputable sources. This is the main way i passed this exam.

Even with reading BOL, the preparation kit, doing examples, and many example tests, many of the questions i got on the actual test were very difficult, in the sense that you needed very in depth knowledge of some of the newer topics ( again i mention performance data collector, i got loads of questions on this area, many of which i only got right with "Educated guessing").

Dont attempt to do the exam unless you are getting 90% + score in at least 2 of the example tests ( selftest and measure up are both ones to use).

• good information, thanks for sharing your experience.

congratulations on your pass.

• i did some studying for SQL 2005 with the MS Prep kit and noticed that a lot of the questions on the CDs are exactly the same between them

• Congratulations !!!

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Just passed this past Friday!

I got the Transcender practice test and the admin pocket consultant. I think the most helpful study tool was BOL. I would run through a sample test, take notes, and then go through BOL and the admin consultant to get a thourough understanding.

I would agree that you should be getting 90's on the practice test to do well on the real one.

Thanks to all for the posts and study suggestions!

• Hi,

I am a newbie to microsoft exams, have been a dba for 2 years and have read through the real sql server 2008: implementation and maintenance exam and the MS book. I also have found example questions online.

I am due to take the exam next tuesday can I ask is it all multiple choice - no virtual scenarios?

Also what is the pass mark 70% /80% I am pretty nervous about it all because I only get 15/20 in the end of chapter questions.

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

• best advice i can give is don't think into the questions too much and make pretend it's Microsoft World where the MS product is always the best choice or the book answer is the best choice even if you do things differently in the real world

• Questions in braindumps.com is original questions with 70432 exam?

Sincerely,

• Braindumps are questions taken from the exam, in violation of the NDA that anyone writing the exam has to accept. Using braindumps is cheating and using or distributing them can result in your certifications being revoked permanently.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply