OT, but... DAX Patterns 2015 database?

• I'm reading Ferrari & Russo's DAX Patterns 2015 book, which is great, but I'm wondering about one thing... where is the database they're using for their examples?

I just find it helpful to see if I got the same answer they did when I run their code...

thanks,

Pieter

• pietlinden (9/14/2015)

I'm reading Ferrari & Russo's DAX Patterns 2015 book, which is great, but I'm wondering about one thing... where is the database they're using for their examples?

I just find it helpful to see if I got the same answer they did when I run their code...

thanks,

Pieter

IIRC, most if not all the examples are in PowerPivot, there should be download links on the website which by the way is more up to date than the book.

😎

• I looked there, but didn't see a link to download, so that's why I asked here. He explains the patterns, but without the database they're working from, I can't be sure I'm getting it right. There are some naming conventions that are kind of confusing, so that's why I wanted to see the database. One is

'Sales'[Sales]... in Collie's book, he does something like 'Sales'[SalesAmount], which is a lot easier to follow when you're doing something that requires a reference to a table instead of a column in a table.

(Yeah yeah, picky picky, I know!) Maybe I'm dense... or I should be a technical proofer, because I seem to find this kind of thing a lot. =)

Sharp as a [censored] marble! Scroll down... all the way down. =)

• pietlinden (9/14/2015)

I looked there, but didn't see a link to download, so that's why I asked here. He explains the patterns, but without the database they're working from, I can't be sure I'm getting it right. There are some naming conventions that are kind of confusing, so that's why I wanted to see the database. One is

'Sales'[Sales]... in Collie's book, he does something like 'Sales'[SalesAmount], which is a lot easier to follow when you're doing something that requires a reference to a table instead of a column in a table.

(Yeah yeah, picky picky, I know!) Maybe I'm dense... or I should be a technical proofer, because I seem to find this kind of thing a lot. =)

Sharp as a [censored] marble! Scroll down... all the way down. =)

Just checked, the download links are on the DaxPatterns website

😎

Hint, they look like this;-)

• like I said "Sharp as a MARBLE!!!"

Got it to work... Makes me feel like Ralph Wiggum "I'm learnding!!!" <with crayon in nose>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply