Operating system error 0x80070002(The system cannot find the file specified.

• Getting backup failures showing in SQLlog which I believe is reporting the error to backup exec. I do believe this is a sql issue. I have searched high and low on this and oping on of you can get me a suggestion or 2 on how to resolve as these particular db's are not being backed up. Backupexec installed on Small business server and im getting "Operating system error 0x80070002(The system cannot find the file specified" error when trying go backup remote sql 2005 db's. Thanks

• Does this post sound like your situation? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic379152-357-1.aspx

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• actually it does seem very similar and through your link they were discussing path issue but im not sure where to look to make sure this path is correct

"The device points to a path that actually does not exist. Check if the path that it points exist in the drive. Its better to backup to device if you are sure if that exist else backup to disk in a known path. "

Thanks for the reply

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply