Operand type clash: text is incompatible with datetime2

• Dear Group:

I am not sure what is causing this, and having a terrible time debugging and hoping someone might notice what I am missing.  If I take the actual SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(......) and run it, I have no problem and the data is returned, so there isn't anything wrong with the SELECT statement, but when I add the "INSERT INTO....." part, I get the following error:

Operand type clash: text is incompatible with datetime2

I tried to use NULL values for the dates, but didn't help.  Google hasn't solved this either for me, so I thought I would write and ask all of you.  Anyone know what I am missing?

We are trying to pull data from an Oracle server and insert it into our SQL Server tables with the code below using a Linked Server on the SQL Server.

insert into [TEMP_Table1] select * from 
    openquery(Oracle_PROD, '
    SELECT DISTINCT
    A.REQUEST_ID,
    A.STATUS_ID,
    A.CREATED_BY,
    A.CREATE_DATE,
    A.LAST_UPDATED_BY,
    A.LAST_UPDATE_DATE,
    A.IS_LATE,
    A.LATE_DATE,
    A.CANCELLED_BY,
    A.CANCEL_DATE,
    A.CANCEL_COMMENT,
    A.RESOLVE_DATE,
    A.CLOSE_DATE,
    A.REOPEN_DATE,
    '''' AS REQUEST_TYPE,
    '''' AS STATUS_DATE,
    '''' AS PROCESSED_BY,
    '''' AS STATUS_DESC,
    '''' AS "COMMENT_",
    '''' AS FIRST_ACTIONED_DATE,
    '''' AS FIRST_ACTIONED_BY
    FROM REQUEST A
    LEFT JOIN TRAN C ON A.TID = C.TID AND A.AID = C.AID
    WHERE A.STATUS_ID = 1 AND A.TYPE_ID IN (1,2,3) AND A.CREATE_DATE < SYSDATE')
  • The error "Operand type clash: text is incompatible with datetime2" sounds like the date columns in Oracle are being interpreted as text, so you might have to use an expression to cast that as a datetime2 column and then append that.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply