Opening Day!

• It's opening day!!

All right, technically it's not opening day, but rather the day after opening day. I know it, but it's opening day for the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field and I'm going.

I've been a big baseball fan ever since I was a kid, playing throughout most of my school years. Now my middle son is burdened with my love of the game as I've pushed him slightly into playing. He wasn't thrilled last year, but the last 4 Saturdays we've been going to a camp and I help out. He seems to be getting better at the game, and more importantly, enjoying it.

But I've never been to opening day in any ballpark. Over the years I've been to quite a few parks, NY, Chicago, San Diego, and many games in Denver, but for some reason, I've never done opening day.

Until today 🙂

My son's a little peeved that I'm not taking him out of school to go, but tickets were pricey and I don't quite see the love of the game. Maybe next year.

As for SQL Server news...

Who cares? I'm going to opening day!

Steve Jones

• How very cool.

Still, a bit tight on your son though

• A man after my own heart!

• I have been to many season openers for some of my favorite hockey teams, including inaugural games for the Carolina Hurricanes (when they moved from Connecticut) and the Nashville Predators (my favorite team). I have to side with you Steve even though I love reading your editorials.

[font="Tahoma"]Bryant E. Byrd, BSSE MCDBA MCAD[/font]
    Business Intelligence Administrator
    MSBI Administration Blog

• Baseball, isn't that just a group of men who like hitting their balls with a stick?

• Go, Yankees! Okay, I know I'm asking for it, but I've been a fan of the team ever since I saw Don Mattingly play for the first time.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Sport is for doing not watching!

What's baseball anyway? Haven't seen it in the Olympics.

• You mean this?

Baseball - Olympic Sport since 1992

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I think he's referring to the US missing the Olympics last year. That's despite winning in 2000.

It was great, Rockies down 2 in the 9th, score two and then a 2 run walkoff homer. Hoffman has an ERA of 36 !!

• I saw the highlights and I thought about the fun you were having. I hope you did not leave early!

Go Braves!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply