Ohio North SQL Saturday - Akron Ohio - 20 May 2023

• Just putting this out there because it's also the first live event I'll be attending since February of 2020.

The "Ohio North SQL Saturday 2023" will be in Akron, Ohio, USA for a full day of training on (as you may have guessed) Saturday, the 20th of May. Here's the link. Registration is free but you must register to attend.  As a special ask, this event can only handle 150 people so please don't register if you're not sure you're going to go.  It costs absolutely nothing unless you want to buy a box lunch.

https://sqlsaturday.com/2023-05-20-sqlsaturday1055/

Scroll down to the bottom of that page to see the sessions being offered.

Just in case there's an interest, I'm doing my "Cross Tabs and Pivots - Reporting on Steroids" session.  The abstract on the site tells you most of what it is about but... if you've seen it before or think it'll be boring because you "already know it", you're in for a real treat where I demonstrate a technique known as "Pre-Aggregation" (thank Peter Larsson for that term) and I also ultimately create a complex report using 20 million rows (not a misprint ... MILLION) extracted from 100 in a few MILLIseconds (again, not a misprint) and I do it all with zero ETL and using only T-SQL.

All code to create the examples at the push of a button will be included in a ZIP file.

Bring your water cooled helmet. 😁 This one is a lot of "SQL Fun".

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I'd love to come see that Jeff,  but with other commitments I will not be able to attend.  I hope that there will be a recording that we might be able to watch it down the road on YouTube.   Anytime you can do the same thing in SQL that others use ETL, VB and/or C  scripts or Excel to accomplish is truly "SQL Fun".   Hope you have a huge turnout.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• below86 wrote:

I'd love to come see that Jeff,  but with other commitments I will not be able to attend.  I hope that there will be a recording that we might be able to watch it down the road on YouTube.   Anytime you can do the same thing in SQL that others use ETL, VB and/or C  scripts or Excel to accomplish is truly "SQL Fun".   Hope you have a huge turnout.

Thanks for the awesome feedback and encouragement.  Unfortunately, I don't believe they're going to record these.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• I submitted a few sessions, got accepted, and realized that I had a conflict that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Michael L John wrote:

I submitted a few sessions, got accepted, and realized that I had a conflict that weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've let Paul P. know, correct?

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Yes, I did

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Thanks, Michael.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply