nulls in a table

• How can i find where there are any nulls in a table.I dont want to check it on ecery column,I would like to check it on entire table.

Thanks.

• You should check your table schema to find out which columns are allowed to be 'nullable'. There is a chance these columns have 'NULL' value.

• any query to get the result?

• any query get the result?

• Hi,

Let's suppose you have a table called Table1 and the columns are Column1, Column2,Column3

Column1Column2Column3

-------------------------------

1NULLtest1

2test2NULL

3test3test4

SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE column1 IS NULL OR Column2 IS NULL

Then you will get the following

Column1Column2Column3

-------------------------------

1NULLtest1

2test2NULL

Hope that's what you want.

Thanks.

• He may have large number columns defined with nullable.

Load result of sp_columns 'yourtable' into cursor, loop the cursor, find the columns with nullable defined, create dynamic select statement as showed by srgangu and execute it at end of loop.

• Run the following code produced from below:

SELECT 'SELECT ''' + COLUMN_NAME + ''', COUNT(*) FROM ' + TABLE_NAME + ' WHERE ' + COLUMN_NAME + ' IS NULL;'

FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS

WHERE IS_NULLABLE = 'YES'

AND TABLE_NAME = 'YOUR_TABLE_NAME'

ORDER BY TABLE_NAME, ORDINAL_POSITION;

• In the case of the null able fields have blank, tab, line feed or even carriage return and a ' ' characters, the following code may be help:

replace(replace(replace(replace(ltrim(rtrim(YourFieldName)),char(9),''),char(10),''),char(13),''),' ','')

• too bad, the square box could not be display here.

replace(replace(replace(replace(ltrim(rtrim(YourFieldName)),char(9),''),char(10),''),char(13),''),'SQUARE BOX','')

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply