Not transferring data

• We have an IIS/ASP application using SQL Server 2005 as back end. We have a problem in that the application doesn't seem to be transferring data to the db. It is currently set up that every 2 minutes it connects to SQL and is suppose to transfer data. No error messages are being generated yet the data is not being transferred until we stop/restart SQL or failover to the mirror. Then for a while at least all the transfers start taking place. SQL is running SP2 atm.

Please let me know what additional information you need. I just failed over to the mirror and in the last hour we have transfered over 1.9 million records from the 9 IIS servers that are being used. Nothing is showing up in Windows or SQL logs. No errors, no performance issues. Nothing.

Thanks

Raymond Laubert
    Exceptional DBA of 2009 Finalist
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP:SQL 2005 Admin,
    MCSE, OCP:10g

• What is the process that actually does the data transfer? Is it some kind of .NET service or SSIS or something else?

Have you tried doing a server-side trace to see what activity is happening on the SQL Server?

• We are using ADO.Net within our ASP.Net pages. One thread process per IIS Server to handle the data transfer every 2 minutes. Monitoring the process it looks like there are connections being made and dropped. We do monitor and alarm on failure to connect. No errors are being raised. At this point it looks like this started 12/31 and backed up the webservice grew to over 7 GB in size at one point on most of the IIS servers. Data has now been processed and it looks like we retievied most of the records. But I still see a backlog (Profiler still showing 2 IIS servers processing data from 1/3 & 1/4 as of early this morning. The rest of the IIS servers are processing yesterday and today's data.

Raymond Laubert
    Exceptional DBA of 2009 Finalist
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP:SQL 2005 Admin,
    MCSE, OCP:10g

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply