Not able to import data into Sql server

• Hi,

I am not able to import data into sql server table from client management studio and i have Admin previliges on that server. If i do the same by connecting to the actual server, it worked fine.

Following is the error message i got.

Validating

Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for component "Source - Insert_txt" (1).

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for component "Data Conversion 1" (35).

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

• What's the service pack you have installed..?

• We are using Service Pack 2

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 (Intel X86) Feb 9 2007 22:47:07 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

• Hi,

I think it should work with SP2.

Probably you can try reinstallaing SSIS.

• Is it possible to uninstall only SSIS?

• Are you sure you have SSIS installed in your server.? Please confirm.

I dont think anything else is required.!!

• MSDN says...

Possible Causes

This message might appear because of one of the following problems:

You have installed BI Development Studio but you have not installed Integration Services. Running packages outside Business Intelligence Development Studio requires the installation of Integration Services.

Your package may be attempting to use advanced components for Analysis Services, data mining, or text mining that are available only in SQL Server Enterprise.

Looks like you need to install SSIS (again).

• Thank you for quick turn around. SSIS was installed in the same machine, looks like it has been not working properly. I tested the importing/exporting data in another server where SSIS is installed and SSIS is working properly. I was able to export/import data successfully from client management studio.

I have to reinstall the SSIS services on the server where it is not working properly.

Thank you,

Venu Yelchri.

• Is the problem solved.? Please confirm.

• I have to talk to our Project Manager to reinstall the SSIS services as it is working in some cases (if we do it by connecting to that server).

I will surely inform you once the issues is resolved.

Thank you,

Venu Yelchri

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply