New AG Listener group failed?

• Hi.

Failover cluster and alwaysOn configuration normal quorum (not using shared storage).

The Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) resource control API returned error code 5057. The WSFC service may not be running or may not be accessible in its current state, or the specified arguments are invalid. For information about this error code, see "System Error Codes" in the Windows Development documentation.

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 41009)

While creating new AG Listener as below parameter entered the values.

Listener DNS Name: APSListener ( which was already created in AD team & make it disable due to I donโ€™t have permission to computer object in active directory)

Port: 5025

Network Mode: Static IP

Add IP Address: (the same IP address 10.xx.xxx.22 was already assigned into cluster name while creating failover cluster)

sub Net:

IPv4 Address: 10.xx.xxx.22

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (disabled mode)

IPV6 Address: (disabled mode)

Pl. guide me, where it is problem?

Thanks

• What happened when you ran the Cluster Validation Wizard? If you haven't run it, run it :-D.

• I want to know, does cluster IP and Listener IP both are same? or should be entered different IP on both side in alwayson AG configuration?

thanks

• SQL Galaxy (10/16/2015)

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 41009)

[/code]

While creating new AG Listener as below parameter entered the values.

Listener DNS Name: APSListener ( which was already created in AD team & make it disable due to I donโ€™t have permission to computer object in active directory)

Port: 5025

Network Mode: Static IP

Add IP Address: (the same IP address 10.xx.xxx.22 was already assigned into cluster name while creating failover cluster)

sub Net:

IPv4 Address: 10.xx.xxx.22

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (disabled mode)

IPV6 Address: (disabled mode)

Pl. guide me, where it is problem?

Thanks

Highlighted in red above and fairly descriptive

SQL Galaxy (10/18/2015)

I want to know, does cluster IP and Listener IP both are same? or should be entered different IP on both side in alwayson AG configuration?

thanks

A unique IP address should be used for each

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• The AG Listener has its own name and IP addresses. If you have a multi-site cluster, you need one IP for each subnet. Once the listener is added from SQL Server, it will appear in Failover Cluster Manager as a Client Access Point. A domain admin will have to give the CNO (cluster name object) the ability to update AD and DNS.

• Just to clarify, the CNO needs the "Create computer objects" permission on the AD container in which the CNO resides.

• Hi Perry Thanks for reply..

I studied some document internet both IPs are not be same.

1. Cluster IP unique IP - 10.xx.xxx.22

2. AG Listener unique IP - 10.xx.xxx.23

I Configured above IPs setting each level.. and client has been connected by using Listener IP 10.xx.xxx.23.. and working fine.

Pl. guide me.. I want demonstrate this architecture to customer and will mock drill testing to be done at application side..

How to approach this two nodes clusters testing?

1. Application & client always connected to AG Listener unique IP (listener name).

Thanks

• please read my stairway to HA on this site, it has all the information you require

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• I red your stairway series 6..

There are two node FCI configured as below

Server Instance Node 1

Role - Primary

Availability Mode - synchronize

Failover Mode - Automatic

Connection in Primary Role - Allow all connection

Readable secondary - No

Server Instance Node 2

Role - Secondary

Availability Mode - synchronize

Failover Mode - Automatic

Connection in Primary Role - Allow all connection

Readable secondary - Yes.

I tried manual testing. To change failover setting to node 2.

Connected Standalone instance in Node 1 (Not Listener)

When tried testing Failover by using availability groups (name: APS_AG) -> right click

Choose Failover

Failover availability Group wizard -> Connect to Replica

It showing not connected as -> then try to connect secondary standalone instance

but I can't enter port number due to server name option is disabled mode.

For the worst case scenario,

1.Can we do shutdown node 1 and then connect AG listener in client side? and start node 1 then shutdown node 2 and then connect AG listener in client side? is there any impact of WSFC side if doing this test activity?

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply