Need help with installation issue

• Hi,

I work in a small company and do not have a to of experience in this are. Someone installed SQL Server 2019, before I took it over. They seemed to have left out SSIS and Reporting severer when they installed it. I would like to add these, but I do not want to have to delete the installation and reinstall it; as we have a lot build in here, and are sing it. Is there a way I can go back in, somehow and recheck these?

Thank you

• Yes.  Just start the installer and it will give you the option to "add features" to the existing instance.

• Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, as I mentioned I am not that familiar with this.

I went to the Installation center and then went to Installation, assuming I am in the the right palace at all, I do not know what to select of all the options  here. I do not see anything that says installer?

And I am afraid of messing things up. Can you guide me further here.

Thank you

• If you're looking at the SQL Server Installation Center, you go to the "Installation" link on the left, then "New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation."

Make sure you have your original SQL install media handy, you're likely to need it.  You'll also, once the install is done, need to go back in and re-run any SQL updates you've installed to bring the new features up-to-date.

• This is great .

Thanks for your help

• Make sure you have regular backups of all user & system databases, especially before doing any type of server or software changes.

• homebrew01 wrote:

Make sure you have regular backups of all user & system databases, especially before doing any type of server or software changes.

Very definitely this too.  While neither of the features you want to add will (initially) touch a database, far, far better to be overly safe than regret it down the road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply