xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx//

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx((_  )x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(o)xxxxxxx

rrxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

rrrxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/|\xx/

rrrrxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx__/x|

rrr   xwxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rrr      wwwxxxxxxxxx ..                    xwwww...

rrr        wwwxxxxxxx .                       www ..

rrr          wwwww  .....                      ====...

rrr          =========

rrr

'rr._

''rrr

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• oh no and I forgot my +1 rusty dagger back at town

N

N

E

E

E

E

S

S

damn where's the pick up dagger key...

Level: 1  Gold: 0      Hp: 12(12)  Str: 16(16)  Arm: 4  Exp: 1/0

• It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

>

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• That would be a fitting end to a rogue like GPF (Edward W. Stanley ??)....

the moving finger writes (types) & having writ moves on....adieu again..

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Final Attributes:

You were fervently aligned.

You were cold resistant.

You had infravision.

You were stealthy.

You are dead.

1        243  gpf-Val-Dwa-Mal-Law died in The Dungeons of Doom on           

level 2.  Killed by sushila. 

• i always preferred nethack over rogue... =)

damn I'm a journeyman....

• I'll be over by then end of the day at your current post speed.

• tsk!tsk! you could have lived to see "veteran" days...

if you can hear me down there (as you transit Styx...) - edward - you will be missed!

ps: you met a gruesome death remember....not sushila - she won't go no killing nobody!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• "(as you transit Styx...) "

makes me think of cartman singing "come sail away"

I can always restart the game .... next time I'll try to not step on my kitten....

damn I've died falling on my horse in that game

remi what will be over?

sushila.???.. since she seems able to track me down.. but list no information on her ....talk about skulking....

I did get a chance to write with chalk on level 2 "vote for steve jones"...

• Your life as a Journeyman on ssc.com... will become veteran or something.

• who says i anit on archon or arcadia ( especially given the eighties computer game references .. hehe archon... another game that has never been gven justice except in some sad addon mini game in a chess game which was unmentionable but just good enough to make me think I knew nothing about chess... and more typically since of my previous posts ... nirvana...

• Hi sushila,

I think u all should not comment to anyone like this. As this is a professional site and we all are professional.

Secondly Sushila as u are pointing to someone and u think Mr.Sufian has given a drama then i tell u that he started a very good discussion as we all should think on that topic.

and if i am not wrong few days back u had replied me that we cannot backup on a network derive then i should say something about ur comment .

and few experienced professional tried to abuse that guy and few asked funny and stupid questions and i dont understand what was wrong in that post.

I think if some try to work on something then it is our reponsibility to work with it to see weather it is possible or not .

If i am not wrong in that post one has told that we cannot delate the online logfile this is wrong we can dealete the online logfile but in that case the database will be in readonly state.

but if we have 2 logfile then  we can put the database online without restart of sql services.

and that only Mr.Mohammad sufian tried to tell u all.

So stop making fun of it.

from

killer

• HE WE GO AGAIN!!!

• No we should not go again.

But we should stop using unfair language on the forum.

We should support others by knowledge but not by unfair langauage.

from

killer

• You are right. SSCers should be nice and courteous. Posts should reflect a professional attitude.

With respect to Sufian, I think people were trying to be fair and trying to be nice. However, when people asked questions about what seemed to be a problem Sufian was having (it turned out he was just trying to show off some of his knowledge), Sufian did not reply with nice language. And he refused to answer my questions at all. It's hard to help someone when they don't reply back with answers to questions that are to get more information.

As for the solution Sufian provided, it's not one I'd recommend to someone else. From what we can determine, Sufian offered up a solution that meant modifying the system tables directly. We're not sure because when asked if that's what he did Sufian did not answer. However, such a solution is not supported by Microsoft. Therefore, if a person did that on a production system and for some reason corrupted their database, they might find it hard to get Microsoft to support them. Microsoft would be right in refusing. After all, the person went with advice from an outside person that was known to be against what Microsoft has said.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply