Multiple values on y-axis?

• Dear friends,

I have been trying for some time to get report with employee name and description on y-axis (grouped by name and then description) and date on x-axis to get a simple line report that can give each employees datewise leave status. (on particular date, what was his leave status).

But able to get this only.

PicSnap

Can any one please help?

• i ddnt understand ur question...could u give mre details?

r u saying that there are actually mre than 1 employees bt only one of their names are coming in the chart axis?coz i see only one name

• Dear Jason Thomas, I wanted to show the all employee names on the y axis and for all of them leavecodes should also be there so it should be like: y-axisL emp1--> gl, pl, comp...., emp2-->gl, pl, comp

and on x-axis dates should be there.

So the final goal is to see that, emp1 was on gl on the date so and so.

and emp 2 was on pl on the same date

and lines for both as different working areas so they don't clash anypoint of time. hope I was able to explain the same.

Thanks.

• The picture of what you wanted in your first post is not visible.

Layout some text on the next post that depicts the format that you would like. Use the IFCode to automatically convert to a well laid out example that shows exactly what you'd like. Some sample data in the form of INSERT/SELECT/UNION ALL would be might helpful as well...

Pretty proud of that MCP, huh? 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply