Multi Server Job Errors

• I have a multi server database backup job.  One of the target servers is failing to run the job, and I can't see why.  How can I log the output of a target server's job to a file (the log file option is disabled)?

Thanks.

• Right click the job in EM and choose ViewJobHistory

Kindest Regards,

Vasc

• All that tells me is the last step to run, it doesn't give me any details of why it is failing......I need to be able to right the errors to a log file, like I can for single server jobs.

• To view the job history

1. In the details pane, right-click a job, and then do one of the following:

• Click View Job History if you are viewing the history of a local job.
      • Click Job Status if you are viewing the history of a multiserver job.

2. If you clicked Job Status, in the Multiserver Job Execution Status dialog box, click Job, click a job name, and then click View Remote Job History.
    3. To update the job history, click Refresh.

Also check in right upper corner ShowStepDetails

Kindest Regards,

Vasc

• thanks for the suggestion, but this is all that I see "sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029).  The step failed." for the reason.......the job backs up the database fine, but we can't find why it is failing every once in a while.....any suggestions?

• Normally, the information from the job history is not enough. I would like to recommend you add an output file in your job.

Open the properties of your desired job;

Goto Edit;

Click Advanced tab;

You will not miss it (output file).

• That's what I was wanting to do originally, but on a job that comes from a multi server job, you can not get it to go to an output file.....the outfile feature is disabled.

• The error: [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029) is kind of generic and kind of not. It may be a login/authentication error. You may want to check the system event logs on the target server for the time to get a better clue as to what is going on.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply