MS Visual Basic OR MS Visual C# ??

• Phil Parkin wrote:

Jobs90312 wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

Jobs90312 wrote:

Ok and what about Python? I heard somewhere that it can also be used as an alternative of SSIS tasks?

Yes it can... so can C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, a decent DOS batch file, and a bunch of other methods.  In fact, in theory, you can replace all of SQL Server with those things.

My question would be...

WHY?  What is it that you're trying to do?

I am trying to Import some XML files data into SQL tables. I tried doing this with ZappySYS XML Source and I was successful but there were license issues so I cannot deploy it to server.

Righto. Have you considered creating a post like this?

"I am trying to import some XML files into SQL Server tables, but I am not sure how best to do it. I have attached a file containing some sample data. Can anyone suggest a solution, please?"

Yes. On various locations.

• Jobs90312 wrote:

Phil Parkin wrote:

Righto. Have you considered creating a post like this?

"I am trying to import some XML files into SQL Server tables, but I am not sure how best to do it. I have attached a file containing some sample data. Can anyone suggest a solution, please?"

Yes. On various locations.

I've answered some of your posts on SSC, as have others. I cannot find any which include sample files. Nor can I see any which remain unanswered. You refer to 'license issues' when the more accurate term would be 'can't or won't pay for third-party software'.

Perhaps one of your posts here included sample files and I missed it. Please post a link to it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Just do a BULK INSERT to import the XML file as a BLOB and parse it with the normal XML tools.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Just do a BULK INSERT to import the XML file as a BLOB and parse it with the normal XML tools.

Doesnt work if XML files size is too big, which in my case is true.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply