MS DOS char set

• I'm trying to import a couple of 100 files created by an old inhouse DOS program.

The files contain reports with "nice" line drawing characters.

But they do not look right in QA.

I know I'm doing something wrong with the character set, but what, and where do I change it?

Best regards

Henrik Staun Poulsen

Stovi Software, Denmark

• Can you give an example? It may be that there are carriage returns that are causing formatting issues in QA.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Steve,

The entire report is written in a box like this:

ÚÄÄ¿

³ ³

ÀÄÄÙ

In IE this looks horible, but on the printer it is a square box.

It must have something to do with OEM and ANSI but what?

Henrik

• Interesting. Can you open this in the Data Transform task using the "preview"? Does it look ok?

Can you open them in notepad?

You might need to open and convert these to another format.

The other thing you might do is write a VBScript to open the file and print out the ascii() value of the characters. You might be able to remove them with a simple parsing application.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• It is the font, change the font under options to terminal in QA and it will look the same.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• It was the font.

When I change this in QA it looks fine.

That leads to another question, which is probably a bit outside this forum but:

Then how do I display the right font in ASP?

Kind regards

Henrik Staun Poulsen

• Sorry, terminal is not a supported font in web so you will not be able to. I also don't know of anything similar that you could provide.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Another apology. Not that much of a web guy. You might try posting this at 4guysfromrolla.com and seeing if they have an idea.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply