MS Access and SSIS 64 Bit

• I have a bit of a wrinkle in the usual use of the Jet OLEDB drivers on a 64 bit server.

I have two SSIS packages. One of them is already running in production and I want to avoid changing. It uses the native Oracle 10g client and the 64 bit OLEDB driver from oracle. The package copies data from my oracle server into my data mart. So, this is a 64 bit SSIS package using the 64 bit oracle client.

I have a new process that copies data from access databases provided daily from some of my remote locations. This SSIS package copies data from these access databases into my Oracle OLTP system. Because there is no 64 bit Jet driver, I am running the package using the 32 bit DTExec. This package is failing because it cannot connect to the Oracle server. I presume this is because the server does not have the 32 bit Oracle client installed on it.

So, two questions. Has anyone found a 64 bit alternative for connecting to an Access database? Can the 64 bit and 32 bit oracle client and drivers be installed on the same machine without conflict?

• The workaround suggested by MS can be found here - http://blogs.msdn.com/sqldev/archive/2008/10/22/msjet-4-0-in-64-bit-environment.aspx

It's not elegant at all but will work. I don't know of any issue installing the Oracle client on the SSIS box regardless of bit architecture...

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• You can indeed install both the 64 bit and 32 bit Oracle client. If you are using 10.2.0.1 client, make sure you patch it to 10.2.0.3 or you will have issues with the (x86) in your path name.

Mike

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”...Robert McCloskey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply