Move Report Parameters

• I'm kind of new to Reporting Services and this seems like it should be easy, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have Four parameters for my report. The first one is a Project Status drop down menu. Then I have two text boxes so that the user can EITHER search by ProjectID OR ProjectName. Once the previous parameters are selected, there's a Project dropdown menu that the user selects the project for which they want to view the report.

I have two problems. The first one is the location of the parameters. I want the ProjectStatus dropdown above the two text boxes and the Project dropdown menu below them. I want the two textboxes on the same line. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

My next problem is how can I only allow entry into one of the textboxes. If the user wants to search by ProjectID, I don't want data in the ProjectName text box and vice versa.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wendy Schuman

• I would suggest using a drop down to ask which the user wants to filter on, then only 1 text box for user input.

As far as how the parameters are laid out, you're very limited...order is the only thing that you can control, you can't select their layout.

• Thanks for your reply. I was wondering about moving the parameters around because my Google searches weren't providing any solutions. Your solution will do the trick.

Thanks!

Wendy Schuman

• I believe that the parameters are ordered in the order they appear in the where clause...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply