MDS - How to deploy a model when you only have a database

• Hi

I feel like I am missing an obvious point with this but cannot find any info

It seems as though, using MDSDeploy, it's pretty easy to just take a copy of your MDS model and deploy elsewhere

Problem is, I do not have the original MDS that my Database was created on

I do have a backup of the database though

I have another live instance of MDS and would like to merge my restored database into the current MDS database

Then create a model that uses it on my live MDS instance

I just can't see how I can to do that

Any thoughts?

Thanks

- Damian

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• The only I know of to do what you are wanting to do is to create MDS Packages for all of the models in the database that is no longer connected to an MDS installation.  This does need an MDS installation though.  You could try backing up the MDS database that IS connected to MDS and along with its encryption keys and then use the MDS configuration utility to point the MDS installation to the database that is not connected.

Personally, I would actually do a fresh installation of MDS and point this one to the disconnected MDS database instead - less chance of making a mistake that leaves you with no working MDS installation.  Use the MDS deployment utility to extract all of the packages from this MDS installation and the deploy those packages to the current MDS installation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply