Master thesis on Business Intelligence

• amela.ajanovic90 (5/16/2014)

Thanks to everyone who filled out the questionnaire! I have posted on non technical sites as well, we have around 70 responses so far, but of course, the more the better.

@jeff, all off the questions are taken from an existing published paper and they need to have some theoretical basis, those are just the requirements for a master thesis, so I did not make up any of these questions on my own.

Just curious.... what is the object of your thesis?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Another one from me,

Wish you success with your work further...

Regards,

Igor

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• I'd still like to know what the subject of the thesis is. 😉

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Hey Jeff, sorry for the late reply. We are using the model from the paper "Time Flies When You're Having Fun: Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs About Information Technology Usage" adapting the questionnaire and collecting data for BI, to test the hypotheses and using quantitative analysis to measure the effect of all of this factors when using BI tools. The thesis should be finished in the next couple of weeks, I can provide a link after it is published by the University.

• I would suggest tweeting it with #SQL or other related hash tags, bound to get some responses.

• amela.ajanovic90 (5/19/2014)

Hey Jeff, sorry for the late reply. We are using the model from the paper "Time Flies When You're Having Fun: Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs About Information Technology Usage" adapting the questionnaire and collecting data for BI, to test the hypotheses and using quantitative analysis to measure the effect of all of this factors when using BI tools. The thesis should be finished in the next couple of weeks, I can provide a link after it is published by the University.

Thanks for the post back. I appreciate it.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• The Google form is closed now, but I am interested in reading your thesis when you get it finished.

• Yes, we had to close it to be able to proceed to analysis part 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply