map file name with table data

• I have some files in a location and every time when i run my package1 i save the name of files into a table. now when i run my 2nd package then i want to compare the name of those files from the location to table data where i saved file names since by time i run my 2nd package some files use to get delete.

i want to mark the file names in table which r not there at time of 2nd package run.

better if someone make a dummy package and attach here.

• scottichrosaviakosmos (9/25/2011)

I have some files in a location and every time when i run my package1 i save the name of files into a table. now when i run my 2nd package then i want to compare the name of those files from the location to table data where i saved file names since by time i run my 2nd package some files use to get delete.

i want to mark the file names in table which r not there at time of 2nd package run.

better if someone make a dummy package and attach here.

Wouldn't it be easier to use the same method that you got the original list of file names and mark the files that are still there?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Not sure what the purpose is but why not just use a sql task in a for each file loop container to identify for differencies, or a sql task after the import to identify deletes (based on import date)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply