Manually Started Multi-step Agent Job Sort Order

• When manually starting a job in SQL Agent (SQL 2000 sp3a) that has multiple steps a window would open allowing me to select which step I wanted to start with. Previously the steps have always been sorted by step ID. For some reason they are now sorting alphabetically based on the step name. Any idea what could have caused this or how it could be reset?

--

S Yosten

--
    S Yosten

• right click on job - properties

click on the arrows - Move Step after you acivate the step that you want.

For priority - Start step - pick up the step that you want from the drop down menu

Then:

- edit the step and in advanced tab you arrange which step will come after the success or failure

lmt

• The Job and it's constituent tasks are created and sequenced properly. The problem arises when I go to SQL Agent, right click on a particular job and select 'Start Job'. A window opens that prompts you to highlight the task you wish to start on allowing you to bypass some of the normal sequence. Normally these items are listed by thier task number however here is an example of what I'm seeing now:

Job Name: NightlyRun2

Start execution at step:

Step ID | Step Name | Type

3 | Check for Miss | CmdExec

7 | Convert Prepri | CmdExec

4 | Export | CmdExec

2 | Image Feature | CmdExec

6 | jCategoryPurge | CmdExec

1 | Reconnect | CmdExec

5 | Site Purge | CmdExec

Followed by the Start, Cancel and Help Buttons. In the past these were displayed ordered by Step ID Asc. Now they seem to display ordered by Step Name Asc. Pressing the column headers of Step Id, Step Name and Type do not do any sort.

--

S Yosten

--
    S Yosten

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply