Mailbox unavailable!

• Since last week package runs as expected in our production server. From yesterday, for a particular package only it thrown an error message like Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.1.1 User unknown.

I didn't get anything from this message. Can folks tell me what the error message says and how to solve this?

• Just check whether u r able to connect to the server hosting your mail box using remote desktop connection or either. Ckeck whether u r able to ping that machine.A member of the systems team might be able to assist you in this.

Satnam

• Not to sound trite but the error message says that the user is unknown, its right there in the message.. This often means that the login failed. Since SSIS only supports trusted authentication or anonymous this *likely* means that your mail administrator turned off anonymous email relaying. And most installs I have seen use anonymous..

This is not an error *you* can easily (or even probably) fix. Check with your mail admin, such a change should have been logged in your change control system.. They should be able to tell you what changed and give you options. In many cases this gets turned off as a best practice without understanding what will happen or that anyone internally was even using it. As a side note, external anonymous relaying should NEVER be allowed, as it is usually used for spam.

CEWII

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply