Looking to Role Models

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Looking to Role Models

• From the Article:

The SQL Server community has shared, inspired, and supported each other in a way I haven't seen in other areas.

You're one of the people that started that, Steve.  Thank YOU for your service!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• "Many of us wander through our careers, and often look to others to help inspire us to set, work towards, and achieve goals. "

Steve, your thought really stuck with me this morning.  As I look back I really do understand the profundity of that as I think about companies, bosses, family, friends, co-workers, and events that shaped my years.  I think especially during our earlier years we do in fact wander more than we would like to admit.  We react to good experiences and bad experiences in different ways that pretty much guide us along.  We make decisions regarding our careers in a variety of different ways and circumstances, including interests and motivations, family needs, financial needs, opportunities to advance, and even through job losses beyond our control.

But I think that the overriding factor in most if not all of these circumstances is our own reaction to the situations we find ourselves to be in.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply