Looking for SQL Server Monitoring tool

• Can anyone recommend a good, reliable SQL Server Monitor? (in addition to Idera's SQLdm that is)

- we're currently using Idera's SQLdm (v9.1 w/ Web based component) to monitor 50+ instances

- we're interested in understanding any other "good" SQL monitoring tools

thanks in advance for your feedback

BT
  • Depends on your requirements.

Take a look at

Red-Gate's SQL Monitor[/url], also can give it a try on SSC, up in the right hand corner

Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise[/url]

ApexSQL Monitor

SQL Sentry Performance Advisor

• I'm a big fan of Idera

• I use SQL Sentry and find that it's a good tool for looking back at what was running at time X. It does *not* have a web interface, so it doesn't require a web server. The monitor runs on a server and the database it on a SQL Server. I think the graphs do a good job of showing what's going on at a high level and where to look from there.

• I have been evaluating FogLight from Dell for the past month and am very impressed with it. You might look into it.

• Last time I used FogLight, I had to get someone from Quest to install it as the installer and configuration was so complex and buggy the engineers did all the installs.

Can see I'm going back some time now as it was Quest not Dell, but hopefully Dell have made it more user friendly.

• Dell Porducts,

Spot Lite GUI mode but good for understanding and alerting ..

And Foglite i used it every ware but it takes little effort understanding the alerts and configuring but its a good tool i recommend for enterprise.

@JayMunnangi

• Use SQL Sentry or Spotlight. Both are good tools for Monitoring. Go through documentation/user guide of those to see if that satisfy your requirements.

• SQL Sentry & Dell both are great monitoring with user-friendly interface

• We've been using Redgate's SQLMonitor for a number of years and its been excellent and well worth the licence cost.

We currently have it monitoring 17 production servers from SQL2000 through to 2014

• We are using Foglight to monitor 30 Production instances and quite happy with it. And it has web interface. Plus with a new Web version, installation is easier than it used to be.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply