Linking SQL 2000 with Access 97 database

• Hi, hope anyone can help. Trying to resolve this issue for a while.

The access database is protected with a username and password (this i cannot change due to customer regulations).

I can link the access database with SQL 2000, but it seems that i can't access the data due to the fact that my login isn't working.

The error is 7399, Authentication failed.

How did I make the connection : Ole DB Providor Microsoft.JEt.Oledb.4.0. Product name is : Microsoft Access 97. Then the path to the database.

On the tab I used the option : Be made using this security context. And there i did give the login and password from the access database.

When I'm trying to access it through the DTS, I'm using the access wizard. Then I'm getting the error : The workgroup file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. Now there is in fact a workgroupfile for this database, and it's in the same directory, but how do I teel SQL it's there ?

Kind regards

El Jefe

JV

JV

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• 1. Right Click on Data Transformation Services and select Import Data.

2. Select Data Source to Microsoft Access.

3. In File Name enter the full path to the Access database.

4. In username enter the username that you would normally use to log on to the Access application.

5. In Password enter the password that you would normally use to log on to the Access application.

6. Click Advanced.

7. In the Value for the Property "Jet OLEDB:System database" type in the full path and file name of the system.mdw file that your Access application uses and “Jet OLEDB:Database Password” with the Access database password.

8. Click OK, then click Next.

9. Continue as you would for a normal DTS Import.

• Allen, thx for yr reply.

It's indeed another way to appraach the database. Eventhough I receive the same error message here.

Cannot start yr application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. Context : Error during intialization of the providor.

Now the access database is in fact being used by a vb6 application but not exclively because I can open the database through a shortcut :

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" /wrkgrp "path .mda" /user "Nameuser"

Then I have to chose the access database.

Any idea ?

JV

JV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply