Linked Server to Oracle 9

• Greetings,

Im having a problem with a Linked Server to Oracle. The Linked Oracle Box was upgraded from Oracle 817 to 9. After the upgrade my queries started to fail with the following error.

Step Error Description:OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column. Metadata information was changed at execution time. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (80040e14): OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: Column 'NARTHCONS' (compile-time ordinal 16) of object '"xxxx"."TABLE NAME"' was reported to have a DBTYPE of 130 at compile time and 5 at run time].)

I changed the querys to openquery and this resolved some of the problems. I am on SQL Server 2000 SP3 and the Oracle Client is 817. I upgraded the Oracle client to version 9 but the error still persists. I have had a similar problem with a linked server before but the number precision was set very high in Orcale. This is not the case with this table.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

If it aint broke don't fix it!

Andy.

• Hi, I'm also having the same problem. I'm using SQL Server 2000 and had a Linked Server Connection to Oracle. It works fine when I execute the query but when I tries to save the query as View i get the error message "OLEDB PROVIDER MSDAORA was unable to begin distributed transaction. Error # 0x8004d01b.

Thanks in Advance.

• I was able to save the view with linked server using SQL Query Analyzer. My problem solved now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply