Keep Column Headers Visible in SSRS

• Ginger Keys Daniel

SSC-Addicted

Comments posted to this topic are about the item Keep Column Headers Visible in SSRS

• Jeff Moden

SSC Guru

I don't use SSRS but the question of headers does come frequently on these forums.  Now I've got a great place to point them to.  Well done.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
    "If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."--Red Adair
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not."
    When you put the right degree of spin on it, the number 3|8 is also a glyph that describes the nature of a DBAs job. 😉

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems

• thisisfutile

Hall of Fame

That's it!  This has never been a critical issue so I never investigated it but I've always been curious why headers disappear despite having "Keep header visible while scrolling" checked.  I saw the article and had to look at it.  Great screenshots and thanks for getting right to the point.  Because it was so clear, I went right into an existing report, tried your settings and for the first time since I've been using SSRS my headers are staying in place.  Thanks for sharing!

• Mike Good

SSCertifiable

Excellent article, thank you!

• bsmith 54568

Appreciate you pointing out the correct way to do this Ginger. My users also thank you.

Curious what the 'keep header visible while scrolling' row and column checkboxes are for. Since they don't do what they seem they're supposed to do, what do they actually do?

Tablix properties > General > Row Headers/Column Headers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply