Is there any way to find who deleted the database

• Issue : one job which runs for every 5 minutes failed today (completed successfully yesterday) with error one of the object database.dbo.Table was not found.

The database was not found on the server. Immediately Application team created the DB to resolve the issue and then the job started succeeding

I am troubleshooting the reason

Checks:

1.Checked the server log and error log both current and archived .No information was available expect the latest create database

2.I checked the job modified date and created date both are of last month

3.I checked the SP which is running under this job. The last modified date of this SP is also last month

4.daily running maintenance jobs are not considering this database(found this in the log file of maintenance job)

5.Checked for any hardware failures, some other databases were also existing on the same drive and no issues with these

6.No related errors in the event viewer too

I thought the database was never existed ,then how come the job completed successfully yesterday?

Am I missing something else?

• prasanname2005 (5/17/2016)

Issue : one job which runs for every 5 minutes failed today (completed successfully yesterday) with error one of the object database.dbo.Table was not found.

The database was not found on the server. Immediately Application team created the DB to resolve the issue and then the job started succeeding

I am troubleshooting the reason

Checks:

1.Checked the server log and error log both current and archived .No information was available expect the latest create database

2.I checked the job modified date and created date both are of last month

3.I checked the SP which is running under this job. The last modified date of this SP is also last month

4.daily running maintenance jobs are not considering this database(found this in the log file of maintenance job)

5.Checked for any hardware failures, some other databases were also existing on the same drive and no issues with these

6.No related errors in the event viewer too

I thought the database was never existed ,then how come the job completed successfully yesterday?

Am I missing something else?

If the database was deleted, it should show up in the default trace if it hasn't been too long. It'll also tell you who or what dropped it,

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply