Is it OK to install SP4 using RDC?

• I'm assuming that, whether I install service pack 4, for SQL 2005 via remote desktop into the server, or doing it directly on the hardware, doesn't matter. Am I correct?

Rod

• It does not matter whether you installing the service pack by RDC or directly at the server. As always, make sure you have the latest FULL backup of system and user databases.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• I'm at work now. Thank you for the input, and I've now got the full database backup.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• It went on fine. Even so, I'm glad I did the full system and user databases backup anyway. Ya never know when something might go south on you.

Rod

• Why do you use 2 different accounts on the forum ? I see others do it once in a while .... seems confusing all around.

• Sorry if it makes it confusing. It depends upon the situation. Normally when I ask from one account I'm only interested in that situation, but am not going to be checking frequently for responses. In this case, because of the urgent nature, I wanted to ask from both, so that I could see what people's responses are. And often trying to find what I've said from one account, in another account, isn't easy.

Bottom line, for me it is a matter of convenience.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply